Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sweet Mother's Day


I hope all of you Mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I had to share this beautiful fruit bouquet that my daughter
Amanda made for me.  She surprised me with it and included
the lovely dish it is in.


I told you that my son was going to speak about his mother 
in church today.  He began his talk by saying I had taught him 
many things and that he wanted to to share those -
1st - Eat dessert first
2nd - Chocolate is a staple at our house
3rd - When other mothers in the neighborhood were
paying their kids not to eat sugar he had come home to see
if he could get a little money out of his mother like that and
I had said that I would pay him to eat sugar!

Of course he got a lot of laughs out of those, but he went
on to pay a beautiful tribute to motherhood.  It was a lovely
Mother's Day. 
(Guess I still owe him some $!!) 
What made your Mother's Day special?

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

17 comments:

  1. Glad you had a "sweet" day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful gifts, Jacqueline!
    I spent the morning with my darling daughter and my husband and then set sail for the mainland for a week of work away - but I brought my mother's day flowers with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day Jacqueline! The boys gave me a couple big bars of Valrhona chocolate... Now for the big decision, do I want to eat them like candy or bake with them? Life is good:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! What a lovely tribute to you. He certainly loves and knows his Mama. It really looks like and sounds like you are raising those children well. Glad you had a very happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable..and the work and love that went into it:)

    I know your day was great:)Well deserved .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute post! What a lovely Mother's Day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bouquet and what a lovely tribute! I had my four kids and 6 grands here! Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had brunch and invited several family members. It was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have wonderful kids Jacqueline. Obviously, you did a great job raising them. Your fruit arrangement looks amazing too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda did a beautiful job designing your fruit arrangement. She is just as talented as her mom. That was such a cute way for your son to start his talk about you. I wish I could have heard the rest of your son's talk about his sweet mom. I know that you are so proud of each of your children. On Mother' Day my son and his wife shared with me that they are expecting their first child in November. I feel so blessed.
    Hugs, Katherine S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Joe took me out to breakfast. WE had a BUSY day. as you saw, but it is very rewarding to get so much DONE!!!! I just wish I had been miore ruthless before when getting rid of stuff. I ahve a new attitude about what NOT to keep:):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what your daughter made you! It looks so good!
    I bet your heart was filled with pride at church!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have been in tears to have my son give a tribute to me...You sound like a great Mom!

    I did not change my blog, because like you....I did not want to screw it up!! I am having someone else do it, but even at that it has been screwed up a little, I am trying to take a deep breath and relax until it is done! Wish me luck! yours looks really nice and neat, I wouldn't be in any hurry, it is to nerve racking!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH NOW is this NOT a most creative and delicious way to celebrate the women in our lives???????

    JACQUELINE! IT WAS SO NICE TO SEE YOU ON MY PARIS POST! It was last year that we made each others' acquaintances during the Paris link party! YOU ARE ON MY LIST. Imagine the confections you could share with a Paris theme?????? ENJOY CREATING!!! More info to come, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that you had a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful Mother's day you had! I had to postpone mine due to having the stomach flu all weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram