Friday, May 13, 2011

Flourless Chocolate Cake - Paula Deen


Dark, rich and decadent, that is what flourless chocolate
cake is meant to be.


In my tablescape that I posted for yesterday's
Tablescapes Thursday, I mentioned that my new dishes
can be baked, so I had to try something out right away.




Since Lynn at Happier Than a Pig In Mud 
was having a meme featuring Paula Deen's recipes,
 I found one in Paula's Best Desserts
Magazine that would be perfect for baking in
individual sizes.


This is the perfect size for Paula's Flourless Cake.


(Do you find that you nibble on the chocolate while cooking?
I do!)


So velvety and smooth now.


Paula's Flourless Chocolate Cake

1 C. butter
14 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided or chips
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 C. sugar
6 large eggs
1 T. vanilla
1/4 C. heavy whipping cream

Makes 1-9 inch cake or 8-10 smaller servings.

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 9 inch round springform pan
with baking spray.  Wrap up and around with foil.

In microwave melt the butter and 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
and the bittersweet chocolate.  Heat for 1 minute, stir, then
heat for 30 second increments, stirring between each one
to prevent the chocolate from scorching.  Stir until smooth.
Whisk in sugar until smooth.  Add eggs one at a time, whisking
between each addition.  Whisk in vanilla and pour batter
into the prepared pan.

Set the foil wrapped pan in a 13x9 inch pan.  Fill pan with
1 inch hot water.  Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center is set. 

For the individual ones, I baked it for 40 minutes. 
Let cool in water 10 minutes, then remove and let
it cool in pan completely.

In microwaveable bowl mix remaining 6 oz. semisweet
chocolate and heavy cream.  Heat for 30 seconds, stir, then
heat for another 30 seconds.  Stir until smooth. 
Spread chocolate over cooled cake and refrigerate
until set.




Here the cups are in the water bath.  I was a little nervous
about that, but they did fine, after all they are oven safe.

I forgot to mention in my tablescape, the dishes are
Tribeca from
I Godinger & Co. 
 I purchased them at Bloomingdale's Home.



I just love individual serving desserts.  I topped
this one with some fresh violets from the garden.


In the individual serving you don't have to wait for
it to cool before you eat it!  It was luscious.




Hope you give this a try. Hop on over to
fun Paula Deen Creations.

I will also be posting with

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

43 comments:

  1. Another Winner! AND I'm LOVING your new dishes! I love the idea of the individuals in the cups, It's SO PRETTY and the addition of your Purple flower is PERFECT! Thank you for the recipe,
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE your new dishes and this cake sounds wonderful!!!! Thanks for the recipe! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, welcome home pretties! What an amazing dessert, it's just beautiful Jacqueline! I can only imagine how great it tastes! Thanks so much for linking up-YUM:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good -- and especially good in your pretty cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these look delicious! I just LOVE your dishes, too - how clever to bake individual servings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jacqueline - I do believe these are some of the most fabulous photos you've posted. My mouth is watering! (and yes, I nibble when baking with chocolate - especially dark choc).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new dishes! The cake looks fantastic in the cup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very happy to have this recipe since 2 family members are now gluten free. Talk about having to read labels! And, of course, the purple violet is just the right touch. I am always very happy to hear from you and enjoy your posts immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous presentation your new cups make! I'm glad to hear they made it through the cooking process without mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't disappoint, Jacqueline! Those cups are so beautiful and the cake, mmmmmm. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Jacqueline! This recipe looks great and the little cakes are picturesque in the pretty cups and topped with violets. You are such a creative cook! You're invited over any time!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous presentation! They look decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a market stand @ the local University and I was wondering if this is a gluten free recipe.... The one customer of mine wants me to make her a gluten free chocolate cake ....This cake looks so decadent and moist and fairly simple too ....Your cups look so so pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flourless chocolate cake is so good! Yours turned out especially beautiful and appealing in your new dishes! Stunning! Have a great weekend, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jacqueline, I've been thinking about these gorgeous cups since you first posted them in your tablescape. Now I'll be dreaming about them tonight! The chocolate dessert looks stunning in these, especially with the little violets. You make everything look exquisite. And I sincerely mean that! Wonderful idea to bake something in these. Having a set of these cups would be worth it just for that! Thanks for sharing! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that does look luscious...and what a perfect recipe for your new gorgeous cups, topped off with your sweet little violet! I always love have my own little "cup" or ramekin, it makes it that more special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to try this sometime! Looks fabulous and I'm sure tastes even better.
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are fantastic! Such a beautiful presentation of the cake too. Love this!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL this has got to be one fattening cake..but the best ones are aren't they?! And do I ever love to nibble as I cook...that is why I love to cook! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh la la ....i am just home from work....delicious!! ..i am hungry.....hahahahah!! it is a thing where they keep the comb in.....it is an article that must by a waterjug......do you understand now??.....not for to eat out !! hahahahah!!...happy weekend...love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful! You've created a special place for your readers to visit and I've enjoyed the time I've spent here. I'll be back. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I am finally getting around to adding you to my blog roll!! anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my... of course, the dessert looks delicious, but your cups and saucers and the rest of the pieces that I saw in the previous post... BEAUTIFUL! They are just so pretty and I think they match your kitchen perfectly too. I also love the photo you have in your previous post of your son and his family. The one of their three hands is just the most precious photo. And your granddaughter could be eaten up, she is so adorable! Love her little dress!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmmmm, delish! I love individual servings too. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your new dishes. Those cups are the sweetest shape!! Your makin' me crazy! and they go in the oven too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think there is anything much better than flourless chocolate cake. I've never made individual ones...they look so pretty in your cups. I would have been nervous too, I'm so glad it worked!

    Giveaway at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These chocolate cakes are simply perfect in these beautiful cups! I'm drooling over here!

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  28. Purple & Chocolate...this is SOOOOO YOU, Jacqueline!!! LOL

    Beautiful photos & I'm green with envy over your new dishes! Thanks for telling us about them & how cool is that...you can bake in them! I can imagine lots of possibilities here.

    Beautiful photos, as always, Honey! BRAVO!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks to die for! I saw your link on Sweets for Saturdays and posted my spring sugar cookies if you'd like to check them out on my blog! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how pretty they look!!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am gluten free and this just looks divine! Love the dishes too:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are wonderful! I love your presentation! It is amazing.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the individual servings also. The cake looks devine and your cups are beautiful, great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your pictures are as gorgeous as ever. They just look so peaceful. Your cake sounds rich and decadent and I bet that every bite was simply heavenly. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Bonjour Jacqueline,
    Chocolate and beautiful
    "mise en place" makes me feel
    YUMMY!
    Have a nice day
    Frieda

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gosh! I wish Paula Deen could see what you have done!!!! I can just see her doing this on her show......you need to send her your pics. Great idea you have there girl!!!! You need to let her borrow those beautiful dishes you have.....better yet, she needs to have you as a guest on her show. Beautiful pics!!!
    Hugs,
    Katherine S.

    ReplyDelete
  38. this is just beautiful..I know I am a few days late checking posts but I am so glad I was able to see this beauty. Added you to my blog roll so I do not miss anything from YOU! Hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete
  39. I made this today as my special birthday cake treat. SO decadent! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jackie,
    I LOVE YOUR DISHES! and I also love the flourless cake, such a great recipe for those of us who eat Gluten Free. I have made three different recipes of these kinds of cakes and they all had wonderful qualitites about them. I can't wait to try these and I may just have to check out the dishes! so fun to bake in some!
    Chocolate Hearts to you, girl!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is brilliant - I love the single serving dessert too, and this is so perfect! Thanks for the wonderful (and beautiful) inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram