Friday, May 21, 2010

Purple Chocolate Cupcakes


I had to make some chocolate cupcakes too!  These are the purple Wilton cupcake wrappers that I found at JoAnn Fabrics.  I went into Michaels Craft Store the other day and they had a huge selection of cute cupcake cups.  Check them out.  I stocked up on black and white brocade, pink and purple polka dots, hot pink leopard print and several others.  These Wilton cups say that you can bake the cupcake in it, but I find that the batter makes the cup ugly and greasy.  So once again, I baked them in jumbo sized  white cupcake cups so that they could bake a little taller and then removed the cup after cooling.


Purple Chocolate Cupcakes

I started with Betty Crocker's Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix.  It is really moist already, but I decided to use a 6 oz. container of vanilla yogurt in place of 1/2 C. of the water.  It made a really nice cake.  Then I filled it with a  Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.

Filling:
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 C. butter, room temperature
1/4 C. peanut butter
2 C. powdered sugar
1 T. water
Cream all ingredients together in mixer, adding as much water as needed to create a fluffy frosting.

Split the cupcakes in half and spread a little Peanut Butter frosting on top.  Place the top halves back on and gently place in the Wilton cups.

Chocolate Frosting:
1 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. cocoa powder
4 C. powdered sugar
1-3 T. water
Cream everything together in mixer, adding as much water as needed to create a fluffy frosting.

Frost the cupcakes with a chocolate frosting placed in a pastry bag with a large round tip or in a large Ziploc bag with the corner cut off.  Squeeze the frosting in a circle starting at the edge and finishing in the middle.
I topped these with Reece's Peanut Butter Cups cut into quarters and a candied violet (thus the purple chocolate cupcake!)

Printable Recipe


Just a few more flowers I sugared.  To try these, refer to the Lemon Supreme Cupcakes for instructions on how to sugar edible flowers.



Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE IT! Glad I can see all your talents in action a little bit more.
    The sugared flowers are the ultimate fancy for any cupcake. They look so gourmet. I feel like I have a special trick now...I can make sugared flowers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! I love your blog!
    First the Cupcakes are so fun and look so delicious!Marcus brought me a lemon cupcake to work and I loved it!
    you should make a cupcake a week! Love you and think your amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and am a big fan . . . keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful! I've only recently seen these wrappers and just have to buy some! I posted this recipe on my blog and it all links to you. These sound sooo good! I'm looking forward to scouting around your site!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline, your cupcakes are gorgeous, and I'm sure every bite is worth another... Talk about pictures that deserve to be in a cookbook!
    Eileen
    http://thejoyofcaking.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog and just had to tell you how delicious and beautiful these cupcakes look! two of my favorite things, purple and chocolate, can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a wonderful post. Those cupcake pictures look good enough to eat. I can't wait to try this for a special event. You amaze me with your creativeness in everything you do. Love your blog and I visit often to be inspired. Thanks for sharing your many talents

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jacqueline, you have made this Halloween holiday just the best for me! I have been remiss not to let you know. I will post some pics of what we did on my blog on Tuesday. Thanks again for all you do!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should make a cupcake a week! Love you and think your amazingly talented!
    ccna training in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your recipe. These are the best cupcakes ever and I always get compliments when I make them. Today I even got first prize for "Best Tasting" cupcake at the cupcake festival I was in. Staci

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made these for a baby shower this past weekend and they were a huge hit! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram