Monday, January 16, 2012

Lemon Mousse Tres Leche Cupcakes


What a wonderful way to serve an easy Tres Leches
cake in these fun silicone cupcake cups shaped like
a tea cup and saucer.


I have two ways I serve this, one with a lemon mousse
topping and then whipped cream and the other with
just whipped cream.  I prefer it with the lemon mousse.


I found the silicone tea cup shaped cupcake 
molds when I was in Washington DC last year
at a specialty store but I have seen them this year
at Z Gallerie.  I filled them half way and then if
they went above the cupcake cup I sliced the top
off.  That actually helped as the cake absorbed
the cream mixture more easily.


These cute chocolate cups were a find from Home 
Goods, but were smaller when we once opened
the package so I used it for raspberry sauce and
some fresh raspberries.  

Easy Tres Leches Cake Recipe

1 white cake mix
3/4 C. melted butter
6 eggs
1/2 C. water
2 T. shredded lime peel

Heat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 9x13 pan or if
you are using the silicone cupcake cups, they need no
grease.  
Combine the cake mix with the butter, eggs and water.  Beat
on low until combined and then beat for 2 minutes on medium.  
Stir in the lime peel.  Bake for 35-40 minutes for the pan 
or 20-25 minutes for the cupcakes or until a toothpick
comes out clean.

The batter will be thick.  Spread it in the pan or fill the cupcake
cups half full.  Bake for 35-40 minutes for the pan 
or 20-25 minutes for the cupcakes or until a toothpick
comes out clean.

Meanwhile mix:
2 C. cream or half and half
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 cans evaporated milk

When cake comes out of oven let it cool
and then poke holes all over it with a wooden 
skewer or a chopstick.  Slowly pour half of the 
milk mixture over the cake.  Cover and chill
overnight.  Cover and chill remaining sauce.
About 1 hour before serving pour remaining sauce
over the cake.

To serve top with lemon mousse and then
sweetened whipped cream.

Lemon Mousse

1 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
1 jar lemon curd

Beat the whipping cream on high speed with 
the wire whip attachment.  When it starts to
set add the jar of lemon curd and continue to 
whip until stiff.  Pipe or spread on top of the
chilled cake.

Sweetened Whipped Cream
1 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
3/4 C. powdered sugar.

Beat the cream and sugar together until stiff.
Pipe or spread onto the top of the cake.

Raspberry Sauce
12 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
3/4 C. sugar

Blend the thawed raspberries and add the sugar.
Press the blended berries through a sieve to remove
as many seeds as possible.



What a fun way to serve a delicious and refreshing
dessert.

I will be posting this with 


Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

34 comments:

  1. Oh my but this looks wonderful. I have never heard of Tres Leche - I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite certain this will also be served in Heaven - my mouth is watering! Anything leche is fine by me. Thank you for sharing this recipe and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline, I bought some of these cute cupcake molds last year. I found them online, but saw them yesterday at Z Galleries. Thanks for the recipe. These look both adorable and delicious. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful cupcake and the molds are adorable! Looks like a fun "tea":@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What CUTE containers!!!! I want them!!! Why don't I have a Z Galleries near me?? :*-(

    I'll take the lemon, please???

    Hugs,
    Rett

    p.s. I just pinned this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! Adorable containers~ I would have snapped some up if I had seen them! Thanks for the recipe~ so perfect for a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can always count on you for a fantastic recipe! And I love these little cupcake molds!! Thanks so much! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is like art in a bowl. Lovely! I bet it is tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, these are so stinking cute and delicious looking! Love anything lemon flavored! I want some of those cupcake cups! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK I LOVE those molds:) What a pretty presentation..now I will go read again:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, these are adorable and look so yummy!!! I have a link party going on at Project Queen and would LOVE for you to share these!

    projectqueen.org

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't decide which topping I'd like. Wait. ALL OF IT!!! These are beautiful and I just bet they would be almost as beautiful without the cup. Lemon is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply divine and those cupcake cups are to die for!! anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there thank you for your visit and sweet words. The winter photo is just a generic photo... we usually do get that much snow .. but this year like most places, the weather has been usually more like early spring like. Though bitter cold.

    WOW! anyone whom you have made these for would certainly be feeling like royalty! These sound and look tres good!! Love your presentation , xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these sound divine! I'll take 10! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love Tres Leches. I'll have to try the lemon. It looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so beautiful. I am sure they taste really good, too. Your presentation is always perfect. I love those molds. The tea party girls are probably flipping out over them. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. My grocery stored carried those silicone tea cups last year and now I'm sorry I didn't buy them. So cute! The cake recipe sounds wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a beautiful presentation! the cupcakes sound delicious but they look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, this looks so fabulous! The silicone teacups are absolutely darling. What a fun idea for a tea party...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are adorable! The cupcake looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! LOVE those baking cups. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, they certainly sound good...but mostly they are just so darned cute. I've never seen any cupcake cups like these, but I will be watching now. I love the presentation! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have made your recipe for Tres Leches, not the lemon mousse one, and it was very good. What an excellent presentation of it and those chocolate cups are so stinkin' cute. Love, Joni

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have the best ideas!!!! These cupcakes look like they should be on a magazine cover. I have got to check out Z Gallery again on my next trip to Atlanta. Your photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Katherine S.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks and sounds amazing! The presentation in the silicone teacups is wonderful, but even in a 9x13 pan, I'll bet family and guests would be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the silicone cups! So cute, especially with the yummy cupcakes:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW that looks positively amazing! Not only is the photography gorgeous, but the way you dressed it up. It's such a beautiful dessert and i bet it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks delicious! Those cups are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, you have put me in the mood to have a tea party! The teacup molds are fabulous and the cupcakes look out of this world! There goes my diet but somethings are so worth it! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Jaqueline,
    These look absouletly divine! Since I LOVE lemon my mouth is watering, but your presentation is Ah-Mazing! Love the teacup silicone cups! I'm planning a Valentines Day tea party so I think I might give these a try. Thank you so much for the idea.
    I've been following you for a while now. I love your blog : )

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow, I didn't see this yummy and luxurious dessert my purple lady. Thanks for the recipe, I love anything 3 leches and I know how to make it too.
    Ok my dear, a promise is a promise! I sent your gift today and plan on receiving it in 15 days and if it's before, terrific!! Hope you like it.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram