Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Witches In The Woods "Tea Party" & Wicked Hot Chocolate




Wandering through the woods today,
Weary, watchful, yet wishing for play.


I spied four crones set down for tea
Wondering what was ahead for me.


"Come sit, my deary, don't you fear
Why, oh why are you wandering here?"




I couldn't run, I couldn't fly,
All I could think was, my, oh my!


Yes, warty crones as you can see,
But friendly, friendly as can be.







                               


Such fancy ladies, here they sat,
Please oh please don't serve stewed bat.





No, no, stewed bat, not that today,
Just graveyard cupcakes, what do you say?


Yes, graveyard cupcakes filled with dirt,
Spiders and snake canapes, yuck, they squirt! 







How about a tasty apple, just quite ripe?
Oh, I'm glad it isn't tripe.



Now this was not my kind of feast
But who would argue, I'm not a beast.



The gals were great, the time was grand
Now was the time to shake their hand.


Twas time to go, I had to say.
"Oh, no, you can't, no,  you must stay."










Wait, one more treat, before you go.
Please try our own Wicked Cocoa.


Ah yes, now this is quite a treat.
Those crones with warts were kinda neat.





Silly girls, that's not a broomstick!

Wicked Hot Chocolate Recipe
(Custard based recipe)

2 1/2 C. milk
2 T. cornstarch
1/2 C. sugar
2 egg yolks
 1 1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate

In heavy saucepan mix milk, cornstarch and sugar.
Over medium heat, bring to a simmer.  Place egg
yolks in a bowl and slowly add 1/2 C. hot milk mix
to the eggs to temper the eggs, then blend the eggs
into the remaining milk.  Cook over medium low until
the custard begins to coats the back of a spoon. 
Add the chocolate - adding more or less chocolate to
 your taste.  Stir until the chocolate is mixed in.

Flavor as desired with peppermint, almond, orange, cinnamon
or rum flavoring.

Top with sweetened whipped cream
(As seen on Paula Deen - Workaholic Hot Chocolate.)

Graveyard Cupcake Tower Recipe

Make any chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing
then dip in graveyard dirt.  They are best if there
is a little root attached.  Skewer into a tower, let
spiders climb freely.

Wiggly Squiggly Canapes Recipe

Cut off bread crusts.  Spread with anything
oozing that you have on hand.  Cut snakes into
bite sized pieces and sandwich between two
breads.  For the spider ones, try to catch live
spiders and trap them in the gooey filling.
You can also use weeds and twigs as fillings.
Sprinkle with a little extra graveyard dirt.

Rotten Apples

Just gather any rotten apples off the ground.  Guests
really like the wormy ones.  Serve in a nice container.

One of our lovely ladies wanted to say goodbye.

"Pucker up and give us a big Pink smooch.
Don't be afraid, warts aren't catchy."

Wouldn't you just love to blow a kiss
to all our blog party hosts for hosting such
fun blog parties?

The ladies will be flying on over to







and


(They are such party girls!)

Green Faced Witch - Hand Made at a class at Roberts Craft
(Joni and I went together and each made one years ago.)
Black and Black and Orange Witch - Tai Pan
Book Reading Witch - Home Goods
Plates and Cups and Pitcher - Home Goods
Footed Cake Platter - K Mart
Chandelier and Bird - Tai Pan

A big thanks to my lovely daughter Amanda
and her friend Jill, without their help this
tablescape would not have happened.  They
helped haul the lovely ladies and all the
trappings up the canyon to the haunted
forest. It was a huge job.



Beaulah hopes you like her friends.  She wants
you to enter the Giveaway for a beautiful












Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

56 comments:

  1. I can't believe you would hold a Zoulah. The witches looked like they had so much fun partying out in the woods. The food looked devine (if you are a witch)! I love the witches in the trees. This is so above the top -- loved the poem too! I can't wait to debut my Witchie-Poo! Hugs! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Rachel that I was throwing a Halloween party and she told me to check out all your cute stuff. I love it. I am going to make the ghost and steal your eye-kabob's, and candy kabob idea. So cute. Your witches are great. I always think of your witch on the flag pole every Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be getting ready for harry potter land! you HAVE to try the butter beer, but don't trink too much! might make your stomach hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great Jacqueline! The "girls" look like they're having a fun time, that green one is too funny! Lovin' the adorable pitcher too-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, and allot of fun to put together, I'm sure!! Loved all the details, very unique and out of the box. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline, Just a wonderful fun and whimsical party. You have taken care of every small detail. The witches look like they are having a ball. In fact I want to be there with them. They are everywhere in the trees....cute and clever.

    XO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great witchy tea party! I love the quartet of witches and all the fun details of the table, down to the snakes and spider canapes! Very fun;I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! This is just the best ever! All those amazing witches..wow what a fantastic party out in the woods. Love the recipes..you are just so fun and way creative to come up with this and share it with everyone. The story and poem are fabulous! Well done...well done!!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I please come live in your head for just one day??? It's got to be quite lovely in there. I love this. It's fun, full of whimsy and those witches are so pretty. I have looked at this a couple of times now and still want to go back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous. I love this fun table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What in the world will you think of next??? Your creative brain just amazes me. The witches are unbelievable. What detail!!
    And then all that food, along with recipes.

    My favorite part of the whole table was the chandelier with the raven. What a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fun and creative witches tea party! Love all the spooky details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coolest Halloween post ever. You did an amazing job!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bewitching tea party & tasty menu too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some lucky witches! What a fun tea party! Those sandwiches truly look creepy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun post! A lot of creativity went in to this one! Have a great week! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aha ha! What fun! These witches are so whimsical! Looks like they are brewing up a deliciously good time. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my - I love this. I am hosting a Halloween Party contest on my blog. This is great...you should enter!

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  19. You truly went all out with the Halloween theme! Amazing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!! Can I just say that your imagination is just beautiful!!! I have really enjoyed your beautiful blog!!! You had me at hello with your gorgeous kitchen header!!!

    Happy new follower!!!
    Jennifer

    ~Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!! This is such a clever post. I love everything about it!!!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  22. My, you certainly hate Halloween don't you?.........NOT! Seriously Jacqueline, do you think it might be an illness? LOL I've never seen anyone get into Halloween the way you do......well, you go girl. You're obviously having fun, so more power to ya' I remember the times, years ago, when we really got into this holiday and decorated the house so cool. My oldest son would stand outside the door with a vampire mask on and surround himself with a black sheet. Everyone thought he was a statue.........until he moved and scared the bejeezus out of em'.......so much fun. I do miss those days. Now I'm lucky to be able to buy the three huge bags of candy ($30 worth) from Costco. Happy Halloween missy.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is one of the best Halloween posts I've seen yet. Your tea party in the woods is a clever idea and your witches are loads of fun. Your imagination is stellar. Food ideas ~ totally awesome. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely fantastic tablescape. I am definitely adding your blog to my favorites list. Please stop by for a visit soon. Don't wait too long or the fairies will eat the dessert.

    Jan @ BellaCasa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jacqueline, your witch girlfriends are divine! Especially the green faced one with the pink puffy lips! You made her?!! And thanks to your daughter and her friend for their work in this! So funny!! But those recipes--I'm not sure I'll be adding them to my box, especially the one for wiggly squiggly canapes! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous! You put a lot of thought (and work!) into this, and it shows!!! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jacqueline, you are SO creative, but I think my favorite thing were those sandwiches with the spiders squished in them. LOL! How cute!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. So much fun!! Your witches are fab, and the poetry is perfect! thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  29. CRAZY GOOD! That was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an elaborate affair your tea party was! WOW! Love those cupcakes:) I really want to whip up some of the wicked hot chocolate. It sounds so thick and rich, just the way I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your witches look like they are having so much fun. I can hear them cackling from here. Thank you for sharing your darling design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a darling Witchy Poo Tea Party, I love it!
    I want to have a grown up one like that.
    Some cleaver decorating and food ideas too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  33. ok- that is just CLEVER! I love it, so inspiring! Makes me wish I was a witch so I may attend! I love the cupcake tower and the dishes. Shoot... I LOVE IT ALL! Another FABULOUS job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my. You went all out! Amazing - I'm speechless.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  35. you got a big giggle from me. so clever best yet

    ReplyDelete
  36. absolutely fabulous.. I loved.. it... so fun.. I would have loved to take pictures for my son .. and turn it into a halloween book.. so cool

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just enchanting! And how clever you are with all the witchy food!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my! That was just too much fun and way too creative! Loved it!

    Christi @ A Southern Life

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amazing! Amazing!!! What a fun and fabulous post -- those witches are incredible.

    glad you got away safely, though, and didn't end up in a cauldron!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have some imagination- yes you do! I LOVED THIS AND THE STORY TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh this looks SO good! Such fun! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh this looks SO good! Such fun! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a wonderfully fun post! I love your witches and the food looks perfect for a witches' tea.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great post and it looks like Beaulah invited all of her relatives! I love your wonderful collection of witches! Those faces and costumes are so entertaining and the 'cupcakes' are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for the glowball idea. So cute. I made 50 something, cupcakes last night and was running out of decorating ideas. I made a bunch of monsters this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What fun! You and your girls (all of them!) sure know how to throw a party! Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think this could sell for a wonderful whimsical book. Thank you for taking my imagination for a wonderful ride this morning. (love the wicked mug of brew!) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  48. I don't know how I found you but I'm' so very glad I did....love, love this creative post......

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love, love this! The witches are a knock out and all the decor is just perfect. The food, everything!
    Thanks for sharing the recipes too.

    Have a great Halloween ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a lovely collection of witches.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh this is just fabulous!!! LOVE IT! Wonderful witches, wicked treats and drool worthy table setting. Thank you so much for inviting me and dropping by my Tea Party Under A Halloween Moon. This was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a delightful party you throw,
    yummy dirt cupcakes are my favorite!
    your witchies are lovely and so generous...I might pass on the apples, but the cocoa looks i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e.
    thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi! What a wonderful blog! I featured your blog on todays post with a link back to your blog. I hope you like it. I also added your WWW cupcakes on my holiday linky with a link back to you.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today too. I'm definitely following you back. Did you enter my giveaway for the Thanksgiving Countdown Cards? It ends tomorrow so the winner has enough time to make the cards and start using them on Nov 1.

    Tina "The Book Lady"

    http://holidaygiftsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow! I came upon your blog from a link Anna of Frosted Petunia posted, having participated in her party... Right now I am just so blown away by your witches that my mind won't work to say anything other than "Wow!" lol.

    It's just so fabulous that I want to squeak! lol.. Maybe that's the best compliment I could give after all. Wow.

    Happy Hauntings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram