Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Perfect Bridal Shower Cake




My dear, dear friend Sharon
made this lovely Wedding Dress Cake
for my daughter's neighborhood bridal shower.

It was the hit of the evening.  
We had seen several of these on Pinterest and my friend
Cricket posted it on Facebook saying that it made her
think of me.  Sharon volunteered to make it.



It was so beautiful that no one wanted to destroy
it.  Sharon made the cupcakes following my
(which was my very first blog post!)
but substituted almond yogurt and almond flavoring.

She had extra cupcakes that she brought on
a platter that people did eat.  Sharon even tried
to encourage people to eat the cake by removing
one of the cupcakes to the side and someone
came and replaced it - no one wanted to
be responsible for destroying perfection!


I can see this dress cake being used for so many parties.
It could be for baptisms, in pink for a little girl's birthday
party, for a princess party, etc.

Thanks Sharon.
(I don't know who came up with this original
idea, but I thank them too.)

I will be posting this with

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

27 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea! I can see why no one wanted to take one of the cupcakes. Saving this idea for a future party! Thanks, Jacqueline. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, this cake is so gorgeous, I can see why no one wanted to touch it! You need to start a catering firm, your ideas are so wonderful and backed up by the cooking/baking chops. And lots of friends to help out! lol Congrats to your daughter. She is going to be a beautiful bride. Can't wait to see photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! We need all the imagination we can find these days, and this is one to save for sure.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never pass up a great cupcake, but it would have been hard to "hurt" that dress....adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jacqueline - it's so lovely. What a nice friend you have. I'll be remembering this the next time I'm asked to do a shower cake. Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding.

    Patricia @ ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous cupcake cake! It's elegant, unique and perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cupcake wedding dress!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most beautiful idea I've seen - if ideas can be beautiful and seen. I figure you know what I mean, right? Just gorgeous. I bet they would have tasted good, too, if anyone had tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so adorable and fun!! Have not seen this before....great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation Jackie. I can see why no one wanted to ruin such a pretty cake. It's a first for me. I wonder how people come up with these gorgeous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I live it! I wouldn't have wanted to eat it either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Have a good weekend and hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cake! I love the swirls of frosting. I have pearl earrings just like the decorations at the top of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I imagine it would be difficult to destroy such a work of art!!! SO pretty!!! I'm helping with a neighbor's bridal shower for this July, and we've been kicking this idea around. We want the guests to EAT it, though!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing and super unique cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just the cutest idea and the bonus, it's lemon. Cute story that someone replaced the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen these on Pinterst and thought they were so impressive! I can see why no one wanted to ruin it, but I probably would have just grabbed one (or two)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness this is stunning! How talented! I have seen children's cakes done this way, but a bridal cake is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,

    This is absolutely one and perfect cake.

    When I saw this, I remember when my daughter celebrated her 18th bday, I made a flower out of cupcakes and that was 3 years ago.

    It just happened that I make that so and never think that someone did a great job beyond :-)

    GORGEOUS!

    Hope you're having a wonderful time.

    Greetings,
    /CC girl at D´BoX

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful cake...it would be hard to dismantle it, but I think I would be up to eating a cupcake or two!
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  21. SWOON! Jacqueline, I missed this post when we were out of town! What a beautiful cake, I can see why no one wanted to dismantle it! I'm wishing I had an occasion to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the pretties cupcake dress I've seen. Are the embellishments candy or just for decoration? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram