Sunday, December 9, 2012

Winter Wonderland For My Banister


The first thing I always decorate for Christmas is
my banister on the entry staircase.  I love the 
mood it sets
 as you enter the front door and I think that is
why I decorate it first.  


There has been some transformation on the Christmas
decor here also this year.  Again I moved from
jewel tones to more of an
  icy winter wonderland theme.  



This has been the decor on the banister for may
years now with 
pinks and purples and golds.


Last year I saw some garland that was just icy crystals,
no greenery and I decided I wanted that for my
banister.
  
I waited until the after Christmas sales
as it was pricey and was able to find just enough to
go up and around.


What was really fun was opening the bags this year.
I had forgotten how beautiful the garland was
but I had also forgotten that I had purchased
a few other fun ornaments in silver and those
were all half off too.  It was like opening a 
Christmas present early.

These silvery gold pieces were a forgotten surprise.  I already
had the beaded wide ribbon that I had purchased years ago.


These beautiful silver flowers with a silver drop in the center
were another forgotten surprise


along with the icy fairy and the silvery gold bells and the
bottle brush pine cones.  You can imagine how fun it
was not remembering all of these treasures.  

The large balls were ones that I had hung from my entry
chandelier in the past.


She was probably the biggest surprise.  
Everything had been at least 50 percent off.


I love these crystallized crowns that
were part of the surprise package.  I really
should have remembered more than just the garland!!


I have had this tall silver floral floor vase for years and
was fortunate that it fit perfectly into the curve of the
stair.

I filled it with battery operated twigs and surrounded
them with these fabric flowers that I have used before.


It is a large curving staircase so it is hard to get a
picture of it all.  This is from above looking down.



It turned out so well.  I love the change.  


I also hung crystals from the entry chandelier.  I had
these on the living room chandelier in the past.


Here it sparkles at night.  
The Christmas lights at night just fill the house with magic.

I will be bringing this to share at



Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

29 comments:

  1. Breathtaking. Glorious.
    What a delight to re-discover all this beauty, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new staircase...it is just gorgeous! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are gorgeous and elegant! Wonderful ideas!! Isn't fun to see the stuff that was purchased and put away for later? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its just stunning. I love the night time picture, I can imagine just standing there looking at it and all the family memories and pictures you can take in front of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwww! so elegant and glam!

    hope you'll find a moment to stop by and hopefully enter a giveaway i am hosting: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    smiles and happy weekend to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to sit on the fence Jacqueline, I like the banister both ways. You've done a marvellous job of decorating in each colour too.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Jacqueline! It looks magical at night-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful change. But I loved last year's as well. Suspended curving stairways are wonderful to decorate and I think you have topped everyone with this winter wonderland creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Please come visit my blog to view and comment on my silver and gold vignette on my piano. Nothing as grand as yours but I Love it just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this IS magical! So pretty! I love that vase too! And the Madonna picture on the easel is so lovely. Your stairway is gorgeous. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely magnificent :) just like a magical winter wonderland......

    Happy decorating~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacqueline, your Winter Wonderland is just stunning! I love all of the icy, glistening accents that you've used. Everything is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline! Your banister magic is just glorious! How beautiful and makes me feel like a little child.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelai :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly breathtaking staircase! Lovely!


    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous holiday giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE IT! The WONDERFUL thing about it is You don't have to be in a hurry to put it away after Christmas!!! So Magical! I have YET to decorate my circular staircase. I say NEXT YEAR and the time just FLIES BY!!! You've inspired me and I Thank You so much!
    Have a wonderful fun week,
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a warm welcome into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pinks and purples were beautiful, but the silver and white is absolutely stunning. What a grand entrance, Jacqueline! I hope you and your family have a very happy and blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is quite a huge change-up. It is lovely and silvery and glittery, and icy. Can't wait to see it. You have been a busy bee. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline, that is just stunning! I can imagine that would be such a grand entrance to walk into. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jacqueline! I'm so glad I got to see this! You did a wonderful job on your banister. I love it both ways, but the icy whtes and sivers looks like a visit to the North Pole itself. So pretty! And what a beautiful foyer and staircase!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning!! The other decor was pretty, however, this is amazing. I can only imagine how much you're enjoying it.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. i LOVE the bling and crystal!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am not sure there are words to describe how amazingly beautiful your staircase is!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bonjour Jacqueline
    It's just féerique
    I adore it
    Thank you

    Frieda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, woman!!!! This is absolutely fabulous!!! A total wonderland indeed! I love the fairy and crowns, and the icy garland sans greenery is a really great choice. It really must be nice to have such a large entryway! Our is so tiny, and the stairway has a divided banister which makes decorating kind of a pain. I finally gave up on trying to put garland on it last year and went with wreaths instead. That seemed to work out much better. You've done an outstanding job with your entry and banister!!! I love the chandelier treatment, too! That had to have taken one whale of a ladder!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of fun happens in, and around, that banister.
    I can see why it sets the mood for the rest of decor - it's such a statement.
    I Love the Elegance and Whimsy of this year Decor.
    Holidays and Happy Decor suit your Home, Jacqueline.
    Happy and Blessed Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Love all the glitter, sparkle and bling! Gorgeous at night I am sure, you are set for a magical holiday
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a brand new follower as of today! I just found your blog and I'm so glad that I did. Your decor is fabulous! I love the changes you did. It looked pretty in previous years, but this year, wow, stunning! I have no idea where you live, but if I didn't know better I would say you are from Salt Lake City. Some of those decorations look awfully familiar like they might be from Tai Pan Trading Company...one of my favorites stores! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram