Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Asiago Cream Sauce Over Halloween Bowtie Pasta



Beaulah doesn't just love sweets, she loves pumpkin too and so
we whipped up this rich, delicious, creamy sauce for a fun
seasonal dinner.


Look at these fun Halloween striped bowtie pasta shapes.
Who could resist those?
Of course Beaulah and I couldn't.
We do a lot of Halloween shopping together and we
looked at these and both agreed that we had to create a dish
featuring these beautiful pasta shapes just in
Beaulah's colors.  

Pumpkin Asiago Cream Sauce Recipe

2 T. butter
2 T. finely chopped onion
1 large clove garlic, minced 
2/3 C. pumpkin puree
pinch freshly grated nutmeg 
2 C. heavy whipping cream
1 C. grated asiago cheese
1/2 tsp. salt

In frying pan melt butter and saute onion until soft, then add the
garlic and saute it until soft.  Be careful not to brown the onion.

Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and heat through.  Pour in the
cream and cook the mixture until thickened, about 5 minutes.  
Stir in the asiago cheese until melted.  Season with salt.

Serve over pasta.

I had some butternut squash in the fridge so I decided to top
the pumpkin sauce with it, but the sauce can easily stand on 
its own.

Sauteed Butternut Squash

2 T. butter
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 C. cubed butternut squash
1/2 tsp. salt

In frying pan melt butter.  Saute the garlic until soft.  Add
the squash and saute until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
Season with salt.


I was so thrilled that the pasta didn't lose its intense colors as it
cooked and it held its shape perfectly too.  Of course this rich
sauce would be wonderful over any pasta but this makes such
a fun seasonal dish.



The fun pasta shapes were found while we were
treasure hunting
at
 Home Goods/TJ Maxx!

They have similar ones in different colors throughout the
year.  Pick them up if you see them.  As a matter of fact,
we love lots of their amazing pastas.  


I will be posting with


Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

13 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, you always have the best recipes! This pasts is fabulous! I never find neat things like that! Now, I know where to look!! Everything looks so great served on your festive dinnerware! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it's delicious..LOVE that bowtie pasta..I always cook that type longer..must admit never seen that ghoulish one..LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never shop at TJ Maxx but I must go get some of that pasta. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky cool indeed! Sounds like a flavorful dish Jacqueline, I see the pastas all the time but haven't tried one yet... I'll add it to the list:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I'd be hitting 'print' before I got to the end of this post. There is no way I'd ever find that sort of pasta up here, but the sauce - well, I can just about taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Beaulah~ that wonderful striped pasta is too perfect to pass up! The pumpkin asiago cream sounds wonderfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color coordinated pasta! Who knew? That pasta looks gorgeous on the plate- they look like they were made for each other. :) The sauce sounds fabulous too- I love pumpkin's savory side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pasta IS too perfect to pass up! The sauce looks and sounds delicious! I love ANYTHING pumpkin so know I would love this. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy that sounds very good, thanks, have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun pasta for Halloween. The sauce sounds delicious, and one more way to use pumpkin!
    Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why or why, don't we have stores like this in our area...
    This looks like soooo much fun!
    Love it!
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that fun bowtie pasta--great find, anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beaulah is as good a shopper as she is a cook. Great gal to have around!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram