Friday, March 30, 2012

Bunnies in the Grass Cupcakes


Tomorrow is our big annual
 Easter Egg Hunt
and these Bunny Bum cupcakes
are going to be perfect for the lunch.


Bunny Bottom Cupcakes
Just make your favorite cupcake and your favorite 
white frosting.  

Butter Frosting
1/2 C. softened butter
4 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond flavoring
2-3 T. water, milk or cream
(water will give the easiest to use frosting as it
will be a little stiffer, cream will make the softest)

Mix all in a mixing bowl and beat with the
wire whip until smooth and fluffy.  You want
this a little on the stiff side so that you can pipe it
and it will hold its shape.  I choose water when I 
want the frosting to hold its shape better.
Add more or less water as needed depending on
where you live.  We live in the desert west so we often
have to add more liquids to our recipes.


I frosted the tops of the cupcakes and then piped
using Wilton's 233 tip, which looks like grass for
the rabbit fur.  Pipe a little extra for the tail.

For the ears and feet just melt a little white chocolate
(I prefer discs to chips.  I think they melt better and
create a smoother finished product)
and pipe it into oblong shapes for the feet and
long pointed shapes for the ears.  Using a little pink
or red food coloring, color some of the white chocolate
to make the bottoms of their feet and use a toothpick
to make the pads of their feet with the pink.

I made the mistake of doing pink on the 
undersides of the ears, but since they are headed
down into the grass, only the back sides of their
ears should be showing.



Growing up our Easter Bunny always left
 trails of jelly beans and candy 
to help us find the baskets.  Sometimes
the bunny even hopped across our beds - we sure remember
that year.  That tradition continued in our home.


Well, I had better 
hop along
as I have more fun treats to make.

I will be posting this with


Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Chocolat - French for Chocolate. I adored chocolate from a young age when I had to sneak in the cupboard to find where my mother had hidden the Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Having read about the famous chocolat shoppes in Paris, when I finally got there I was determined to try a chocolate from every Paris shoppe. I invite you to share my adventures in creating, in travel, and in life.

53 comments:

  1. These cupcakes are delightful! A lovely execution, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just sooooooo cute and I can't do that please make me a dozen

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable for tables or baskets...thanks so much Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I want some. Those are soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I hope they don't leave any brown jelly beans:@) Yea, the 3 year old in me had to go there... Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...these are precious, Jacqueline! They almost don't look real. I wish they weren't, they would make great decorations!! lol!

    Have fun on your Easter egg hunt!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are about the most adorable cupcakes I have ever seen...bunny bums...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so cute! Would hate to eat them they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt, they will be a big hit. I like the photo of you outside. You are wearing and the background just my colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are DEFINITELY Too Cute to eat! I love your bunny trail of jelly beans! That is a great idea. Although my dogs would have cleaned them up for sure.
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. You come up with the cutest, most clever ideas. I'm still giggling! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. You come up with the cutest, most clever ideas. I'm still giggling! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cupcakes are so cute. Too cute to eat. Can you send a dozen to Alabama? Please

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so so so sweet bunny's !!!...love the,....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's very clever and cute! Happy Pink Saturday <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are adorable! Have fun at your egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are so CUTE!! Have fun and a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute Jacqueline! I hope I can make fun cupcakes after my decorating course.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute idea and I love that there is a trail of jelly beans left for clues.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I chuckled when I saw your adorable cupcakes...too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those cupcakes are adorable - such a cute twist on the bunny cupcake! Have a wonderul Egg hunt! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are adorable! My gkids would love those, but the feet intimidate me! Mine would look like they needed orthopedic surgery!
    You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Jacqueline...what am I going to do with all your talent, I probably can't even make these cupcakes to looks as charming and adorable! Thanks for sharing anyway, lol..Thanks for dropping by pretty lady and for the lovely and kind comments. Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love love your bunny bottoms up cupcakes...sooooo cute how did you ever think of such a cute thing...I think I got the bunny servers at Michaels a couple of years ago

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! Love your cupcakes..so very sweet. HPS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are the cutest Bunny Bums I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. On my goodness, these have got to be the cutest cupcakes EVER. I love how their little fit stick out. Happy Pink sat
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, my goodness! These are just the cutest cutest thing!!! i must make these. LOVE them!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  30. So artistic!

    Visiting a little late for Pink Saturday. My entry is a product of creativity. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jacqueline, You always make these treats sound so easy to make but in fact if I tried my bunnies would have to go all the way into the hole and just leave their ears showing. The Easter bunny always left candies going up the stairs and into my kids bedrooms, until one year when we discovered that the bottom four steps had been cleared of the chocolate eggs by the dog, and we spent the rest of the day worrying about her, of course! I do love your little bunnies. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  32. Soooo... Cute!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello
    Many thanks, fairly refreshing, I enjoyed reading your article, You are wonderful!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A jelly bean trail...I love it!!! And those precious bunny feet are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jacqueline! This cupcakes are the cutest things I've ever seen! How absolutely adorable! You are a marvel, my friend, an absolute marvel. Here's hoping your Easter is marvelous, too!

    I'm on Mr. Magpie's computer (his laptop to be exact) racing around and out visiting the sweet folks like you who came by to visit me. This is awful not having my own computer, but hopefully that will change in the not too distant future.

    Love to you. Missing you much, but I'm so glad I got to see this post. It really made me smile!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those are the cutest cupcakes! What a beautiful job of decorating you did. Hope you had a wonderful egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my word those are the most adorable cupcakes I have ever seen! You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are too adorable for words.
    What a magnificent job you did in creating such cuties...

    ReplyDelete
  39. These cupcakes are SO adorable, Jacqueline:) I bet your grandchildren got a real kick out of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my gosh, Jacqueline! These are the cutest cupcakes ever. I love them.♥

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i LOVE this, they are darling!! anne

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are the most adorable cupcakes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dose' at 'da sweetest little cupcakes I ever did see! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  44. Those are the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey
    It is really useful, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today, keep up the excellent quality writing

    ReplyDelete
  46. I just saw these at Pinterest and I had to hop on over and say cute! My grands will love these. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What I love most about these are the "pads" on their feet!! Sooooo cute, Jacqueline! Pinned!!! :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the highlight of my day! Leave a comment and then I can come and visit your blog. Have a wonderful day! Unfortunately I have had to block anonymous comments, hope you understand.

Follow me on Instagram